U-17: DEVELOPMENT OF POSITIONAL PLAY.
Individual and group skill should be covered in the warm-up.
- Attacking roles and responsibilities
a) Defending roles and responsibilities. One in three practices devoted to defending principles of play.
Match – related practice: offense vs. defense.
Crossing: Develop a complete understanding of:
- Crossing angle.
- near and far post runs.
Set Plays: Develop a complete understanding of:
- Attacking and defending responsibilities at corner kicks and all other restarts.
- The importance of possession from throw-ins in defensive and midfield third of field versus possession and creativity in the final third
All activities should be challenging, motivating, and involve Transition!!!
U-18 TRAINING PRIORITIES
U-18 DEVELOPMENT OF TEAM PLAY.
Individual and group skill should be covered in the warm – up.
Functional play. Training players for specific positions and roles.
- Match – related practice ; offense vs. defense
- Match conditioned. One in three practices devoted to the defensive aspects of the game.