Boys 2007 – Coach Bryan Wilkes
Boys 2013 – 2014 – Coach Alvaro Melgoza
Boys 2008 – Coach Alvaro Melgoza
RISE Soccer Training APP…
FC Heat Elite has subscribed as a club to offer ALL of our competitive players’ FREE individual soccer training while we continue to remain in our isolation mode. This will be available now through the end of May.
- RISE is a proven, functionally integrated training app designed to build confidence, competitiveness and help athletes improve their Speed of Play. Developed by Scott Moody, an innovative and well respected sports performance coach with over 20+ years of experience training over 5,000+ athletes, RISE provides a unique blend of soccer specific physical & technical skills necessary to compete at an elite level.
- Master Physical Skills and reduce the risk of injury through improved coordination, athletic positioning, specific strength & reactive awareness.
- Master Technical Skills like first touch, ball control, skill combinations & creativity.
- RISE allows players to train on their own time and at the appropriate level.
- Guided in a phase by phase development approach with easy to follow progressions & video instruction.
- RISE challenges athletes at all levels to master their skills and was developed with the athlete journey in mind, guiding any athlete from the recreational to the professional level.
- Work-outs are easily integrated with practice and seasonal periodization in mind, it’s like having a personal skill and fitness coach in your pocket 24/7.
- RISE is a complete training system with:
- 15 different modules integrating skill, speed, power and fitness
- 45 different phases
- Over 500 different skills to master
- Hundreds of supplemental workouts to support and motivate
- Over 1,000 instructional videos
- All based around a Self-Evaluation methodology which helps players prepare, progress, master and unlock more advanced movements and skills
College Applications from April 2020…
Hello Future Students,
If any of you have letters and acceptances and you still haven’t done anything, then now is the time to double check any deadlines or to gather any other needed information. But do not take too long to do this. A large number of colleges have extended their financial deadline for applications. Check out the attached link in case your college is included: https://www.acceptgroup.org/extended-deadlines
It would also be wise for you to contact any college that you are interested in and ask for precise deadline dates.
If you have still not made up your mind about which college to attend, then you should do some research and take advantage of their virtual tours or you can explore YouTube for any possible virtual tours. All of this information may help you decide.
It is possible that some Colleges in California may now not require SAT test results, BUT even so you will still need to keep your grades up. Many of you have access to online work – make sure you put in the time and effort. However, June Tests have not yet been cancelled and you may need the results for other colleges so look closely and plan for them.
Escondido Soccer Club has worked closely with Sylvia Caruthers The owner of SoCalCollege Planning – She hosts a podcast with advice for students applying to college. This is free and well worthwhile. Check it out at: https://www.instagram.com/socalcollegeplanning/. She is also open to receiving questions from any Escondido Soccer Club/FC Heat college applicant.
If anyone has any questions then please contact me, Denis Sweeney.
I hope you and your families all stay safe and well. The current social distancing advice is very good – please keep your discipline and maintain this advice for the sake of everyone else.
Director for College Preparation and Planning
Rehab United Offering Help…
I hope you the Escondido Soccer Club family are staying safe and healthy.
We wanted to reach out to make sure that you and the entire ESC family know that we at Rehab United are here to help them with their rehabilitation and fitness needs. Please visit our website at www.rehabunited.com to see the online fitness programs we are offering. We are also offering Telehealth Physical Therapy sessions to help those athletes that are still recovering from injuries and surgeries, and unfortunately due this pandemic have decreased their activity level, which in turn will hinder their rehab and recovery potential.
Thank ya’ll and stay safe!
Arturo Valle, PT, DPT,
FAFS, CSCS, STMT-1, BFR-1, CCI
Clinic Director – Escondido
Rehab United Sports Medicine and Physical Therapy, Inc.
1955 Citracado Parkway Ste 201, Escondido, CA 92029
Bob Turner recently resigned as President of the Presidio and SDDA Leagues to take on the role of President of CalSouth. Bob will remain as a board member of Presidio and SDDA while he takes on his new role. I am sure, knowing Bob’s experience, dedication and commitment that we will be seeing some wonderful things happening with Calsouth in the not too distant future.
US Soccer Development Academy – This excerpt taken from SoccerToday online soccer magazine
The U.S. Soccer Federation has decided to shut down the U.S. Soccer Development Academy program for both boys and girls effective immediately, according to multiple sources.
There had been endless rumors over the past few days which are finally silenced by U.S. Soccer’s announcement that they are closing the Development Academy, effective immediately.
“It is with profound disappointment that we have made the determination to end the operation of the U.S. Soccer Development Academy, effective immediately.”
While stating that the decision was difficult to make, and blaming the “unanticipated circumstances around the COVID-19 pandemic,” U.S. Soccer cited finances as the reason for discontinuing the DA.
THE DA IS NOW DONE.