April 28th, 2020
Hello Esco and Heat Families,
We hope you are coping well during these very challenging times, as we are starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel. While everyone has been on lockdown the cogs are still turning at Escondido Soccer Club and FC Heat Elite. We are so looking forward to returning to the fields and taking part in some sort of organized soccer, whether that be recreational or competitive or just even practices at this point.
I would just like to keep you informed and updated on some of the important items as they may relate to you and your children:
- We have postponed Spring Soccer this year. We are hoping to resume the second half as soon as we get the all clear.
- We will soon be rescheduling our Older Tryouts for our Competitive Teams.
- Our Dave Shelton Tournament is still scheduled for the weekend of June 26th, 2020, conditions permitting of course.
- We have adjusted your Competitive Club Fee payment schedule so that April and May payments are not due until the end of your contract dates.
- Both Presidio and SDDA Competitive Leagues are still on schedule to commence in September 2020.
- Our fields are still being worked on and maintained and we will keep you updated on their status, but as of now they are closed for any type of organized functions where social distancing cannot be adhered to.
- Our board meetings will be recommencing this month via Zoom.
- All of our communications avenues are still open should you have any questions or concerns.
- We are posting challenges for prizes both on Facebook and hopefully soon, TikTok for all of our players.
- We have paid for the use of RISE ELITE TRAINING for all of our players to use their training APP until the end of May – there is no cost per player for this service.
We understand what you are all going through as we are all in this together. We hope that you and all of your family and friends are well and protected from COVID-19 as we look forward to a positive outcome. I, along with every other mother out there, cannot wait until we can have competitive sports back in our children’s’ lives.
Please stay healthy and well in mind and body.
– President, Escondido Soccer Club