We are pleased to announce our return to the fields for FC Heat competitive players and Fall Recreational players. Recently, the Governor approved San Diego County’s accelerated plan to return youth sports to the fields. We will be proceeding under the guidelines and instructions of Cal South, the County of San Diego and the City of Escondido. The return to play approach will consist of several phases, all voluntary, to gradually ease youth players back into practice sessions for now and eventually games in the future.
FC Heat Return to Play Training Camps will begin in mid-June for all registered FC Heat players. These sessions will allow every competitive team to return to the fields for at least one session per week until further notice. As restrictions are relaxed, we will add more sessions for every team. All COVID-19 protocol has to be followed and strictly abided by.
Safety is our top priority for all players, coaches, managers, staff and volunteers. Our success in making this work relies on every participant following the rules and regulations that are part of the new safety protocol. See details below for the new rules and regulations. This also includes mandatory waivers that must be signed before your child can return to the field of play.
Players are required to bring several items when returning to the fields:
- Face mask – for arrival and exit, but not required while playing
- Hand sanitizer – player must use before, during and after each session
- Equipment – bring own equipment because no sharing will be allowed
- Water – bring your own because community water fountains will be unavailable
At this time we are expecting the Fall recreational season to play as scheduled with an October 3rd start. Sign-ups have begun and teams will be formed in late August. Click here (https://cysa-esc.sportsaffinity.com) to sign up.
For current FC Heat players, please contact your coach or manager if you have any questions about our safety protocol or the schedule for your team’s weekly training camp. New players can register here (https://bit.ly/FCHeatTryouts) for a tryout.
We appreciate your patience and ongoing support. It is exciting to take this big step forward to return our competitive players back to the fields. We will keep you informed of changes as we move forward through this next phase.
Please print, sign and return the required waivers by your first practice session.
NEW Drop-off and Pick-up procedures:
See our new drop off and pick up procedure maps
- Drop off will ONLY be in the parking lot closest to the school
- Pick up will ONLY be in the main parking lot by the snack bar
When both dropping off and picking up, please make sure to follow all guidance from our parking lot attendants. Make sure your player has everything ready to go when you arrive, so we can quickly move traffic along.
Once your player is dropped off, they will be required to sanitize their hands and be screened before entering the facility
Social distancing must be followed at all times
Upon exiting the fields prior to pick-up, all players must again sanitize their hands
- California Department of Public Health News Releases
- CDC Considerations for Youth Sports
- CDC COVID-19 Updates
- CDC Coronavirus Overview
- CDC Travel Recommendations within the US
- WHO Coronavirus Advice for the Public
- Printable Resources from the CDC
- US Soccer Play-On Guide
- Guía de Recomendaciones de Fútbol de la Federacion
- US Youth Soccer Return To Activity Guide
- US Youth Soccer Return To Activity Resources